A. When will we go back to school?
1. We will return to school as soon as it is safe to return. We will continue to monitor the weather and road conditions daily. There is a possibility that it will be Friday before we are able to return as additional snow and ice are forecast accompanied by dangerously low temperatures and wind chills.
2. Please continue to check our website and social media for updates. We will also deliver targeted information through our ALERT NOW SYSTEM which will deliver messages through email, and phone calls.
B. Why are we not doing virtual learning this week?
1. These are a few of the considerations that we considered when making the decision not to move to virtual this week.
2. QISD built in extra minutes to our calendar this year. This was done with the expectation that we would miss school due to COVID-19; however, we have been able to keep kids in school! These minutes are now available for us to use during this weather event.
3. During a major winter storm, we expect power outages. It may be difficult or impossible to charge devices which is how we provide our online learning.
4. Internet accessibility may be “spotty” for the majority of our students due to weather conditions.
C. Will we have to make these days up?
1. QISD will not have to make missed days up.