Dear QISD Families, Faculty and Staff:
I want to start this letter with a huge thank you to the Quitman Community! Our first responders, utility companies, city officials, and county officials did an amazing job keeping our community safe during this winter event. It also did not go unnoticed that so many of those in our community gave selflessly to others during this crisis. There are way too many individuals to mention, but the acts of kindness that occurred are truly inspiring.
A few updates concerning school:
1. We anticipate that roads will continue to improve between now and Monday morning. Our plan is that buses will run as normal on Monday, and students will return to school Monday morning at normal time.
2. Teachers may enter the buildings on Sunday between 1 pm and 5 pm as needed in preparation for Monday.
3. Maintenance staff will continue to check on our buildings and
and ensure that our parking lots are clear, and that sidewalks are sanded where needed.
4. If you are a parent or guardian and your road is still icy Sunday night please email our Transportation coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate your child's name, bus #, and your address. This will help us better navigate any issues prior to Monday morning or make any special arrangements needed. Our hope is that there will not be any ice left.
5. All after school events and extra curricular activities may resume normal schedules on Monday.
We are ready to have all of our BULLDOGS back at school!
Rhonda Turner, Superintendent of Schools