Dear QISD Parents, Students, and Community:
In an effort to support the slowdown of the COVID-19 virus and in consultation with the Quitman ISD Board of Trustees President, Dr. Jeremy Smith, QISD will implement its #StayAtHome #LearnAtHome instructional plan. The district will be closed beginning Monday, March 23rd and will re-open on April 6th if possible. During this two-week extended closure of our buildings you can expect the following:
- ALL students and ALL children ages 18 and under will be eligible for a free meal daily. These meals will be available for pick up at our elementary school beginning Tuesday, March 24th
- All students grades 6 – 12 should be able to access all of their work through Google Classroom on their school issued Chromebooks. Students that do not have internet access were issued “hot spots” prior to Spring Break which should allow for internet connectivity.
- Elementary students were sent home with extra activities and supplies in their backpacks prior to spring break. You should also find in your child’s backpack a list of useful websites for instructional purposes. We will be preparing additional items for at home use and available for pick up. Expect and watch for a schedule for pick up early next week.
- We will be setting up some phone line support as well. That information will be made available soon.
- Remember you can get the latest information from the district at www.quitmanisd.net, follow us on Facebook and Twitter, Download our app from the app store, and expect updates via our school messenger call system.
I want to share this: West Grand Superintendent Darrin Peppard recently stated, “In the end, it will be impossible to know if we overreacted or did too much, but it will be QUITE apparent if we under reacted or did too little.”
Educating Every Child…Every Chance…Every Day,
Rhonda D. Turner